Providing world-class performance for busy workgroups is the ultra fast, reliable and robust DS-870 document scanner. Designed for high-volume environments where speed and dependability are critical, the DS-870 offers lightning-fast speeds up to 65 ppm/130 ipm1, plus a 100-page ADF and peak daily duty cycle of up to 9,000 sheets2. And, it’s all backed by a 12 month limited warranty. The included TWAIN and ISIS® drivers ensure seamless integration with existing software, while a convenient, colour LCD display and buttons make navigating scan jobs and selecting modes easy.
KEY FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Fast scan speeds, from a leader in image capturing technology – up to 65 ppm/130 ipm1; single-pass duplex scanning
- High-volume batch scanning – a 100-page Automatic Document Feeder handles even the biggest jobs; offers a peak daily duty cycle of up to 9,000 sheets2
- Reliable, with industry-leading service and support – 12 month Warranty3
- Seamless compatibility with document management systems – includes TWAIN and ISIS drivers for easy integration with existing software; PC and Mac® compatible
- Easy, intuitive scanning – colour LCD display and convenient buttons offer easy access to user-defined jobs, settings, modes and maintenance
- Versatile paper handling – scan mixed stacks of business and ID cards, single sheets, long documents, and folded pages up to 11" x 17" (carrier sheet required for folded oversized pages, sold separately)
- Advanced paper feed technology – includes a Slow Speed Mode for delicate sheets; Double-feed Detection and Paper Protection prevent misfeeds
- Powerful software with OCR – use the included Epson Document Capture software to create searchable PDFs, or scan to online storage accounts like Evernote®, SharePoint® and Google Drive™4
- Compact, space-saving footprint– powerful and compact desktop scanner easily fits within virtually any workspace
- Expanded versatility– choose from the optional Network Interface Unit to share the scanner across a network or optional Flatbed Dock to connect to a compatible Epson photo scanner for scanning photos, passports, or bound materials5 (both sold separately)
Volume and speed
With a 100-page ADF (Automatic Document Feeder), 65ppm or 130ipm scanning speed and continuous scanning with an automatic feed mode, the WorkForce DS-870 gets through large jobs quickly and efficiently. It also features high-speed USB 3.0 for fast data transfer with TWAIN, WIA and ISIS drivers for enhanced compatibility with document management systems.
Users need not worry about variations in documents they need to capture – it offers Epson’s widest media handling from 27gsm to 413gsm and a long paper scanning mode up to 6096mm. For documents that cannot be scanned via the ADF – three different flatbed solutions up to A3 in size are available. Slow mode decreases document friction by reducing the speed of the rollers, making it easier to capture fragile or damaged documents, without increasing file sizes. The Active Separation Roller System prevents tedious document double feeds ensuring every piece of paper gets scanned. Additionally, the Double Feed Detection Skip (DFDS) function means you can scan difficult media like envelopes or documents with post-it notes.
Epson Scan 2.0 software makes it easy to edit images with features such as de-skew and auto rotate, while Document Capture Pro is the easy to use solution for capturing and storing electronic documents at the touch of a button.