- Centralizes the identification and correction of DICOM metadata issues during study import and acquisition, as well as on legacy data that exist in a PACS or VNA.
- Facilitates quality management of DICOM study metadata from disparate clinical IT systems.
- Correct study and patient demographic data that was incorrectly entered.
Beacon enables healthcare and teleradiology providers to manually correct and improve the quality of DICOM study and patient metadata during acquisition, import from CD or ingestion from a legacy archive.
The Beacon Study and Patient Demographic Q/C Manager includes the following capabilities:
- Manually verify, and if necessary correct, DICOM patient and study meta-data.
- Send verified or corrected DICOM objects to a specific DICOM destination, including the Laurel Bridge Compass Router for further sharing across the enterprise.
- View the DICOM pixel data using a non-diagnostic image viewer.
- Supports Local/LDAP login.
Beacon runs on dedicated hardware or a virtual machine.
The latest release is Version 1.3.2.
Recommended Minimum Requirements
|Windows OS (standard/server) 10; 2012|
|MS-SQL server version + Management Studio||Express*|
|Memory (RAM)||16 GB|
|Hard Drive||500 GB|
|# of network (NIC) cards (Gigabit)||1*|
|Supports high-availability configurations||Yes|
*Optional Features/Functions and study volume may dictate server upgrades. Microsoft SQL Standard and/or multiple NICs may be preferred.