Designed with the American College of Radiation (ACR) to test FFDM system performance.
The new ACR Digital Mammography (DM) phantom. Evaluate artifacts over the entire detector with a single image. Measure and monitor signal to noise, resolution and image quality. Simulate radiographic characteristics of compressed breast tissue. Eliminate backscatter and provide quick detection of objects from 0.14 to 1.0 mm.
This product includes a hard case and 5-year warranty.
- ACR Digital Mammography Phantom
- Detect microscopic objects that mimic small structures in the breast
- Evaluate artifacts over the entire detector with a single image
- Reduce backscatter and equalize attenuation
- Comply with EUREF, MQSA and ACR
The Mammo FFDM Phantom is the new ACR accreditation phantom for quality assurance (QA) in digital mammography (DM). It was developed in cooperation with Gammex, the innovators behind the ACR Mammography Phantom (Mammo 156™ Phantom)—the gold standard QA solution for breast health.
Gain Efficiencies and Image Quality
- Perform image quality, artifact detection, uniformity and Contrast to Noise Ratio (CNR) tests using the same window width (WW) and window level (WL).
- The Mammo FFDM Phantom simulates radiographic characteristics of compressed breast tissue, including micro-calcifications, ductal fibrous structures and tumor-like masses. Identification of these small structures is essential to the early detection of breast cancer.
The Mammo FFDM Phantom permits testing of the MQSA 3.0 mGy dose limit. Attenuation is equalised inside and outside the wax insert. The test objects are designed and located per the ACR specifications, including the nylon polyamide fibers, spherical glass specks and the spherical cap masses.